Saturday 17 March 2012

Rihanna: My Racy Fashion Is ‘Not Usually For Attention’

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Rihanna covers up her see-through top on the streets of in New York City March 12, 2012Caption Rihanna made headlines earlier this week when she stepped out in a see-through top and no bra, and the music superstar says she was simply embracing the style of her shirt.
“Waking up in the morning and deciding to get dressed is probably the longest part of my day. I have too many clothes, I have too many options. Dressing is always so spontaneous, it always depends on the mood, plus the occasion, plus your little badass daring touch that I like to put on my outfit every time,” Rihanna told Access Hollywood correspondent Jill Martin on the set of a photo shoot for Vita Coco’s new flavor, Tropical Fruit by Rihanna, in New York City. “It’s always borderline tough, yet a little sexy sometimes.”
Despite all the attention she gets for her clothes – or sometimes lack thereof – Rihanna said she’s not dressing to make news.
“I don’t do things for the response or for the controversy,” she continued. “I just live my life.”
The 24-year-old singer explained that if an item shows off her body, she’s fine with it.
“The clothes that I like and the clothes that I’m attracted to sometimes are sheer, sometimes are bold, sometimes they’re very daring,” she explained. “I’m OK with buying a sheer shirt, because if I bought it sheer, that means I was OK with you seeing through it. Whether it was my bra or whatever else, I wear it my way.”
And Rihanna’s way might include a little nudity.
“Someone else might wear it with a bra, someone else might wear it with a tank top, someone might wear it with booby tape, someone might wear it with none, and I happen to fall in that category,” the singer said with a laugh.
She admitted that stepping out sans bra isn’t that uncommon for her.
“I get caught a lot of times without wearing a bra… but it was never my intention. If I don’t wear a bra, that means I didn’t want to wear a bra,” she added. “It’s not usually for attention, it’s just because it would mess up the outfit completely.”

No comments: